Blue Valley Surgical Associates
Blue Valley Surgical Associates is a multi-specialty outpatient clinic group that offers a wide range of healthcare options to meet the needs of our patients. Available services include pain management, orthopedics, spine specialists, podiatry, general surgery, bariatric surgery and more. Blue Valley Surgical Associates has multiple convenient locations in Overland Park, Kansas City, Blue Springs, Columbia, Springfield and St. Louis to provide you with care close to your home. BVSA is part of Pinnacle Healthcare System, which includes two acute care hospitals. Pinnacle Regional Hospital in Boonville, Missouri, and Pinnacle Regional Hospital in Overland Park, Kansas.
It is our mission to improve the health of those we serve with a commitment to excellence in all that we do. Our goal is to offer quality care and healthcare programs that exceed community standards and patient expectations.
Our Values: We value our SPIRIT
- We strive to anticipate and meet the needs of our patients, physicians and co-workers.
- Patient Centered
- We are patient/customer centered, patient/customer-driven. Our patients are our first priorities. We listen, understand their needs and strive to exceed their expectations.
- We communicate openly and honestly, build trust and conduct ourselves according to the highest ethical standards.
- We treat all individuals, those we serve and those with whom we work, with the highest professionalism and dignity.
- We embrace change and work to improve all we do in a fiscally responsible manner
- We are engaged and work well together to achieve optimal results.
Todd Wells, RT (R) (MR)
Todd Wells received his training in Radiology from St. Luke’s School of Radiology and Advanced Medical Imaging and was the Radiology Director at Blue Valley Healthcare. His focus prior to his appointment as COO has been on the evolution and advancement in medical diagnostics and improving operational excellence for the Department of Radiology. In addition, he serves as Radiation Safety Officer for the Blue Valley Organization, and is a member of (ASRT) American Society of Radiologic Technologist.
Todd has more than 23 years of management experience in the healthcare industry and before joining Blue Valley in 2013, he orchestrated the startup of three highly successful medical imaging centers and Radiology Departments for two private hospitals.
Lee Nigro, MD, FACS
Chief Medical Officer
Dr. Lee Nigro currently serves as Chief Medical Officer for Blue Valley Healthcare. He brings a wealth of experience from practicing medicine in the Kansas City area for more than thirty years.
Dr. Nigro completed surgery residency at Truman Medical Center in Kansas City and Mayo Clinic affiliated hospitals in Rochester, MN. He also currently serves as Vice Chairman of the Department of Trauma at Overland Park Regional Medical Center.